10 Holiday safety tips
- Switch to battery operated candles.
- Keep Christmas trees fresh by watering them daily.
- While cooking always be present.
- Turn off/unplug or extinguish all decorations before leaving the house or going to sleep.
- Protect cords from damage. Do not keep cords near open windows, under rugs, or attached by staples or nails.
- Keep open flames away from flammable objects. (Fire place, candles, stove tops, etc...).
- Never connect more than three strings of lights. It can cause a fuse to blow or even start a fire.
- Inspect all electrical decorations before use.
- Do not overload your electrical outlets.
- If your are frying with Greece always do so in a well ventilated area to avoid a fire.