8 Things to do after a Fire in your Reisterstown Home
8 Things to do after a Fire in your Reistersown home.
The following checklist serves as a quick reference and guide for you to follow after a fire strikes.
- Check with the fire department to make sure your residence is safe to enter. Be watchful of any structural damage caused by the fire
- The fire department should see that utilities are either safe to use or are disconnected before they leave the site. DO NOT attempt to reconnect utilities yourself.
- Contact your local disaster relief service, such as The Red Cross, if you need temporary housing, food and medicines.
- If you are insured, contact your insurance company for detailed instructions on protecting the property, conducting inventory and contacting fire damage restoration companies. SERVPRO of Reisterstown is approved by all insurance companies.
- Conduct an inventory of damaged property and items. Do not throw away any damaged goods until after an inventory is made. SERVPRO of Reisterstown crews are trained to properly document, clean and store damaged items. Nothing will be disposed of without your knowledge or permission and we do our best to salvage your precious items.
- Try to locate valuable documents and records-deed to home, car, bank information, birth certificates, etc.
- Begin saving receipts for any money you spend related to fire loss. The receipts may be needed later by the insurance company and for verifying losses claimed on income tax
- notify your mortgage company of the fire.
If you've experienced a home fire, and aren't sure what to do, please call SERVPRO of Reisterstown, or your insurance agent.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 410-242-7371